Wednesday, July 20, 2011

ARG, YEE MATIES!!

We have another member aboard the Kayla-worship... ship. (ahah, that just sounded so awkward, I love it).
New follower, thank you for making my 3:28 AM special.
For you. Me write. Me say stuffs. Yay! Everybody happy!

Random Ideas That Have Popped Into My Head/ Pissed Me Off

1. Why am I listening to Britany Spears right now? The same three songs... for the last half hour?
Um, I'm switching. Now.
Thank you Airplanes by The Ready Set. My love goes out to you, too.

2. Movies with hidden clips after the credits.
You. Piss me off.
Here I was, in the theatre at the showing of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. The movie just ended; everybody acts as if a fire alarm has been pulled, throwing themselves out the doors, pouring out like a  too thin pancake batter. Nasty, right?
What's worse is that I'm the awkward person standing with my friend, waiting.
Waiting.
After an eternity, I glance at my phone, squinting at the blurred too-small-numbers. That can't be right.
How long have these credits and bloody annoying (epic) pirate background music been rolling.
Do you really have to name every little boy?! Every food caterer to the caterers?!
Oh. Look-y there, the minimum wage cleaners have arrived to fill their bellies with forgotten candies and to sweep the floor. How many people are left again? Ten... maybe?
I wait. We all wait. In anticipation.
The cleaners just want to seem nonchalant, squirming into corners, doing little stationary sweeping motions to appear productive. Camouflaged by their cinema-ordained khakis, they might not even be there, if it wasn't for the awkwardness. I glance inwards, leaning, aiming for a closer look. Is that the lady in my math class who I saw cleaning in the bathrooms earlier?
Ah! She spotted me! Advert eyes, look away, look away!
...
Silence.
Then appears... the dreaded black screen. The moment of truth.
Will there be more, or just disappointment? (I enjoy good ol' pirate music, but not 20 minutes worth. They could have made those credits a minimovie of their own! Staff of the Caribbean: At Pay's End.)
Okay, okay.
I see... I see a girl! The girl! My time has not been wasted!
My mouth hangs wide open, eyes glazing over with pure attentiveness.
....
One minute later.
...
"Is there going to be another movie?"

And so the journey continues and I'll hopefully get to see the lovely face of Jack Sparrow star in another movie. If not, I want a voodoo doll, too. (aha, inside joke to the... evil... cliff hanger/piss off kayla/ blow mind/ thingy.)

3. I'm an unproductive reader.
Sometimes, I don't start/finish a book because:
-It's too beautiful to end.
-I don't want to become a beast engulfed in a book
(like Mockingjay. My father would ask, "W-would you like a snack? A drink?" And I'd growl and spout things such as "I'm bloody reading!" "He died?!" "Let me enjoy this!!" "Graghfghgf!!")
-Get distracted
-Don't want to know if I'll have to wait for a sequel
-It's summer

It's good to know the only thing I've read this summer is manga and The Secret Unicorn (Part One of Four). And I don't plan on reading the others.
Me? Accomplished much?
You betcha.

4. I've been writing a (craptastic) story.
Should I put some of it on here (?), cause I most definitely need an excuse to write. Long term, kayla-only stories aren't exactly my thing.
I get off topic a lot.
Did I mention I like kitties? :3

With love,
The Wendy who almost has a cumulative 30,000 page views. (sorry, watched a 2-hour Peter Pan movie. Because I'm obviously the coolest. Maybe that's why I'm thinking about pirates...)

No comments:

Post a Comment