Friday, June 11, 2010

I Can't Understand You... But It's Okay.

Who doesn't love the "classic" coming of age book, The Giver by Lois Lowry....


(I loved my 7th grade copy so much I turned it into The Diary of Anne Frank for an 8th grade Language arts project..... Yay for recycling!)



THE STORY:
About Jonas, a twelve year old receiving the crippling memories of the thousands of years before him through an old man touching his back.
His father's a baby killer. Literally.
Only birthmothers are allowed to get preggo, and they're used 4 or 5 times before they're trashed.
Retirement = death.
He has dreams about sponge bathing old women.
Sexual yearnings are called the stirrings, which are treated by daily pills.
........
Yay for coming of age?

Here's some video spoofs I found kinda entertaining... even though I had some communication problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMDp3Sm0EwU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSsvyO4uPeM&playnext_from=TL&videos=qvljVEdL-Ao&feature=sub

....
I'm good. now.

1 comment:

  1. this SOOOO does NOT count as a post. second time, kaychan? really?

    ReplyDelete